Catching up with your BFF is fun. Kicking each other's but? Even better!
That's the beauty of a buddy routine: You will not only spend time together, but you will also work out way harder than if you were going through the motions solo. You push yourself more than you would on your own. There is also strength in numbers. It may be easier to reschedule a planned workout with yourself, but it is not as easy to blow off your fitness buddy who is counting on you to meet up. So here you have it, that's why we love buddy exercises at Mom in Balance workouts. And since Women's Health launched a National Buddy Workout Day on 1 March, we decided to make it a little bit more easy for both of you!
Bring your friend along to one of our workouts between 1 - 8 March 2019 for FREE and get discount on your membership!
Let her register HERE and use SGTRIAL at the check-out. If she signs up for a membership or flex card after the trial, you will both benefit!
If your buddy signs up:
* You will get an extra credit on your flex card. She will get the same!
* You will receive one-off 15% discount on your monthly plan. She will get the same!
* One friend per member. Valid from 1-8 March
Here a few examples how you can challenge each other with this buddy workout (20 reps, 4 rounds):
1. High Five Burpee: facing each other make full contact with ground, jump up into an awesome overhead high five with both hands. 20 total or modification is 10 each- alternating or together.
2. Deep Squat with Hand Hold: practice increasing your range of motion by linking wrists while performing a deeper than usual squat. You can add a challenge by holding just one wrist and keep one arm next to your body tapping the ground. Switch wrists after 10 reps.
3. Power Push Ups: one partner on ground in plank position while second partner puts her feet on top of partner's hips and perform a push-up. Split reps in half and switch positions. 10 on ground plank, 10 on top push-up.
4. Leg Press: One partner on the floor legs bend in the air. Other partner with hands in front of chest placed against her feet in a vertical plank. Partner on the ground pushes partner 2 up and down for a leg press. Switch after 20 reps.
5. High Knees: facing each other, one in a low squat with arms extended in front. Other partner starts high knees tapping her knees to the partners hands. Switch after 20 reps.