Preparation time: 4 hours
~ Springform pan of 24 cm
~ 400 grams cookies
~ 150 grams butter
~ 1000 grams cottage cheese
~ 500 grams cream cheese
~ 100 grams sugar
~ 100 ml alcohol-free gin for cake + 40 ml alcohol-free gin for jelly topping of your choice
~ 12 gelatine sheets for cake + 6 gelatine sheets for jelly topping
~ 1 lime: rasp + juice
~ 100 ml orange juice
~ Cucumber + lime for garnish
- The bottom: Crumble the cookies in a food processor and melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir the cookie crumbs into the butter and mix well.
- Line a springform pan with baking paper in the bottom and spread the cookie crumbs over it. Press it down firmly with the rounded side of a spoon.
- The filling: Mix the cottage cheese with the cream cheese and the sugar with a mixer, until it is a smooth whole. Then mix the non-alcoholic gin into the batter, plus the lime zest and lime juice.
- For the cake, soak the gelatin leaves in cold water for five minutes. In a separate container of cold water, also soak the gelatin leaves for the gin orange jelly.
- Then dissolve the gelatine sheets for the cake in a little hot water. Stir well, until really everything is dissolved!
- Mix the gelatin mixture for the cake well into the cottage cheese mixture.
- Pour the cottage cheese-gelatin mixture over the bottom. Now it's time to let the cake set in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- The jelly topping: Make the gin orange jelly by heating the orange juice in a small saucepan. Add the non-alcoholic gin for the jelly to this.
- Take the gelatin leaves for the jelly that were soaking in cold water and squeeze them well. Add the gelatin to the hot orange juice. Do not allow this to boil!
- Stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Let this cool to room temperature for 20 minutes or so.
- Pour the gin orange jelly over the cheesecake once it has hardened slightly (after 30-40 minutes of refrigeration time). Then put the cheesecake back in the refrigerator for the remaining 2.5 hours to set.
- Garnish the cheesecake with strings of cucumber and lime slices to finish.
And voilà, finger-licking goodness!
View our workouts